Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

In state, children’s health gets an A

With health care coverage constantly in the national spotlight, there is some good news for North Carolina children. The North Carolina Child Health Report Card awarded the state an A rating for children’s health insurance because the rate of uninsured children declined by half since 2009.
A record 96 percent of the state’s children have health insurance, leaving only 4 percent without insurance. The national average of uninsured children was 5.3 percent in 2015 and 6.2 percent in 2014, according to 2015 U.S. Census records.
 
For the full e-edition and exclusive web content, subscribe today.
By Lorrie Ross / lross@claycountyprogress.com

Clay County Progress

Mailing Address: PO Box 483, Hayesville, NC 28904
Physical Address: 43 Main Street, Hayesville, NC 28904
Phone: 828-389-8431
Fax: 828-389-9997